COCHRANE SENIOR MIXED/OPEN LEAGUE
- 50 years plus.
- Mixed curling (guys and gals in an open format) with a good mix of new and experienced curlers. Individual entries only, as teams are made up by the committee.
- Tuesday League - games at 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Thursday League - games at 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Spares are coordinated by Vera Elson, a member of the executive. Advise her when you’ll be away and she’ll arrange a spare for you.
- Tuesday commences on October 3rd and Thursday October 5th to mid-December and is followed with a mini bonspiel (2x6 end games) and a Christmas banquet with awards/prizes.
- Registration for the final draw will take place in early January and will run to mid-March (new teams are made up by the committee). In mid-March, we have a closing mini bonspiel followed with a closing banquet and awards/prizes.
- Cost is usually between $100 and $120 per league per draw depending on the number of games in the draw. There is a $10.00 membership fee good for the entire curling year.
SENIOR MEN'S LEAGUE
The Cochrane Senior Men's Curling Club is a 50+ Men's recreational league that curls Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10am. The league welcomes all curlers of various abilities.
Prior to the start of the Fall and Winter Leagues individuals who sign up are selected by designated skips at a draft held just before league play begins. Our league strives to make teams as fair and equal as possible.
Curlers can choose to curl Wednesdays and/or Fridays. The first round of Fall curling begins mid-October and finishes December. New teams are formed in January and all curlers have the option to withdraw or join the Wednesday and/or Friday Leagues.
The goal for the Cochrane Curling Club's Sturling League is to bring people into curling with a stick or coming back to the game they played many years ago but are unable to get into the hack or have the ability to sweep any more. It is a Fun League and they do not consider it to be competitive. The game is also open to slide curlers who will be partnered with a person who throws the rock with a stick. Leugue play is on Friday afternoons at 1 PM - 2 PM commencing October 6th, 2017
The game’s rules are that you play with teams of 2 players and play with 6 rocks and only 6 ends. There is no sweeping between the hog lines, but allow sweeping from hog line to back line. CCA rules apply. See www.sturling.net for more information.