COCHRANE SENIOR MIXED/OPEN LEAGUE
- 50 years plus.
- Mixed curling (guys and gals in an open format) with a good mix of new and experienced curlers. Individual entries only, as teams are made up by the committee.
- Tuesday League - games at 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Thursday League - games at 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Spares are coordinated by Vera Elson, a member of the executive. Advise her when you’ll be away and she’ll arrange a spare for you.
- Tuesday commences on October 8th and Thursday October 3rd 2019 to mid-December and is followed with a mini bonspiel (2x6 end games) and a Christmas banquet with awards/prizes. This years mini spiel will be held on Tuesday December 10th 2019.
- Registration for the final draw will take place in early January and will run to mid-March (new teams are made up by the committee). In mid-March, we have a closing mini bonspiel followed with a closing banquet and awards/prizes.
- Cost for first draw is Tuesday League Only $125 (includes cost for Mini Spiel Ice in December); Thursday Leaque Only $110; Tuesday and Thursday League $235. These rates include your Seniors $10.00 membership fee good for the entire curling year plus $2 Curling Canada Fee - Spares are $5 per game
SENIOR MEN'S LEAGUE
The Cochrane Senior Men's Curling Club is a 50+ Men's recreational league that curls Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10am. The league welcomes all curlers of various abilities. Curling commences on Wednesday Oct 2, 2019 and Friday October 4th 2019 for the firt half of the season.
Prior to the start of the Fall and Winter Leagues individuals who sign up are selected by designated skips at a draft held just before league play begins. Our league strives to make teams as fair and equal as possible.
Curlers can choose to curl Wednesdays and/or Fridays. The first round of Fall curling begins mid-October and finishes December. New teams are formed in January and all curlers have the option to withdraw or join the Wednesday and/or Friday Leagues.
The goal for the Cochrane Curling Club's Sturling League is to bring people into curling with a stick or coming back to the game they played many years ago but are unable to get into the hack or have the ability to sweep any more. It is a Fun League and they do not consider it to be competitive. The game is also open to slide curlers who will be partnered with a person who throws the rock with a stick. Leugue play is on Friday afternoons at 1 PM - 2 PM commencing October 4th, 2019
The game’s rules are that you play with teams of 2 players and play with 6 rocks and only 6 ends. There is no sweeping between the hog lines, but allow sweeping from hog line to back line. CCA rules apply. See www.sturling.net for more information.
OLD TIMERS FUN LEAGUE
The Oldtimers League is a mixed open league mostly composed of retired and semi-retired (50+) men and women at all skill levels (stick or hack) who enjoy curling simply for the joy of curling and being social. We are a non-competitive league that meets Mondays from 10 to noon and Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2:30. We welcome all curlers, particularly those curlers who haven’t curled in many years and want to get back into curling for the exercise. And we want to encourage want-to-be curlers with no or limited experience to join us too. We curl with four member-teams usually for 8 ends. We form different teams for each of the fall and winter curling semesters. If you prefer to spare, we would like to hear from you too. We offer on the ice training for beginners! We hold a banquet at the end of the season.
COMPETITIVE DAY LEAGUE - This is a Competitive Day League thtais is Mixed/Open and you bring your own team in to play in this league. The League time is from 1 - 3 PM PM Mondays. The cost to enster this league is $125 per person or $500 per Team for the October to Decemebr slot. Teams will re-register and pay in January for the January to March slot